Caring for children, no matter their age, can be stressful at times, and physically and emotionally draining. Whether you pursue a career in addition to “momdom,” or you are a dedicated stay-at-home mom, it’s important to take a few minutes to remind yourself that you’re an individual. Your kids are important, and so are you. Here are a few ways to unwind and pamper yourself.
Who says treats are just for kids? Wait until they’re in bed before you take these delectable treats out of the freezer so you won’t have to share. Favorites:
- Haagen Dazs Coffee Ice Cream
- So Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk Ice Cream
(Bonus: One serving has 24% daily value of fiber!)
- Breyer’s Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
It doesn’t have to be costly! There are several inexpensive or free treatments that can help you feel great.
- Let your kids play “spa” and have them give you a foot rub or shoulder massage.
- Get your eyebrows waxed. (Bonus: It makes your morning routine quicker!)
- Try overnight hairstyles like pin curls for less fuss in the morning and a great look all day.
With e-books available on several platforms, reading costs less than ever! Pick up or download a steamy romance novel or an edge-of-your-seat thriller and escape to another world.
Need a quick minute of solace? Let a fine piece of chocolate melt in your mouth. Favorites:
- Lindt Chocolate Truffles. Grab a bag with mixed flavors, so whether you’re craving white, milk or dark chocolate, you can get your fix!
- Chocolove Chilies and Cherries Bar. Sweet, spicy and savory. An unusual combination, but one worth trying.
- Dove Chocolate. Comes in a variety of flavors and is very affordable!