After time, towels build up a residue of detergent, fabric softener and body oil that causes an unmistakable musty odor. Rather than turning them to rags and buying new, try this quick fix for musty towels!
- When empty, run your washing machine on a hot cycle with 2 cups of bleach to ensure it is free of bacteria, mold and other unwanted sludge.
- After the bleach cycle has completed, put towels in washing machine with one cup of vinegar and wash with hot water.
- Remove towels and replace them in the washing machine to loosen them post spin-cycle.
- Wash towels again in hot water, this time adding one half cup of baking soda.
- Dry towels according to care instructions, and enjoy the new fresh scent!
Note: Laundry detergent and/or liquid fabric softener is not recommended for either wash.