By Lori Mork
Here’s a unique idea for decorating this holiday season – a photo pillow. This idea would also make a great gift for someone special!
- Begin by scanning and uploading an old or new family photo (or any photo of your choosing) to your computer.
- Place the image in an 8-1/2” x11” Microsoft Word document. Adjust the image as desired and leave a half-inch border around it for the seam allowance.
- Print your photo onto an ink-jet fabric sheet from your local fabric or craft store. If necessary, trim the fabric.
- Cut a same-size piece of backing fabric, such as linen or broadcloth. Pin the two pieces of fabric together, right sides facing, and stitch around the pillow along the seam allowance, leaving a 4” wide opening on one side.
- Using a small scissors, clip the corners, then turn the pillow right side out and push out the corners. Iron out any wrinkles and stuff the pillow with loose fiberfill stuffing. Blindstitch the opening closed.
Now you have a great conversation starter as well as a little bit of family history for everyone to see.