By Lori Mork
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 cup cold butter
- 2 Tbsp. molasses
- Nonstick cooking spray (optional)
- Granulated sugar (optional)
- Luster dust (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In large bowl, combine flour, powdered sugar, ginger, cinnamon and cloves.
- Using a pastry brush, cut in butter along with molasses until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Knead mixture until it forms a ball.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in granulated sugar if desired. Place balls 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Using a floured cookie stamp or bottom of a glass, flatten balls to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or just until bottoms start to brown and centers are set. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool.
- If desired, use a small brush to apply luster dust on the designs of cookies.
Yield: 20-24 cookies.