By Amanda Herzog
Many people look forward to the holiday season, but some don’t because it can be stressful. That goes for kids as well as adults. With these easy tips on how to stay organized, you’ll be on top of your “to do” list for a no-stress Christmas!
- Use a notebook to make a list of who you want to get presents for.
- Ask those people for wish lists. This will save you from trying to think up a perfect gift.
- In your notebook, keep track of what you will get for everyone and check things off as you go.
- Make a deal with your parents to see how much they will give you to spend on gifts, or ask for ways to earn some money before the holidays by doing household chores. Figure out a budget before you start shopping.
- Once you have everything, ask your parents for some uninterrupted time in a room of the house where you can wrap presents and write on the gift tags all at once.
- Stay organized with the gifts you get also. After you open each gift, write down what it was and who it was from, so then you can send the right thank you note to the right people.
- Make sure to thank everyone! It’s just good manners.
Hopefully these tips will help your holiday season go smoothly!
Amanda Herzog is a 7th grade student at Discovery Middle School in Alexandria.