By Jodi LB Meade
That special event is just around the corner. Preparing for and anticipating it is half the fun of remembering it!
Begin with a SMILE ~ this will be your best friend and a priceless accessory.
- Give it to yourself in the mirror.
- Offer it to the stylist who is helping you find just the right dress.
- Extend it to your friends and family as they support your dreaming, shopping and preparing.
- Share it with all in the photos that will capture the memories.
Anticipate FUN ~ amazing girls and pretty dresses are just a few of my favorite things!
- Seek out the dress that fits your body and your budget ~ let someone you trust help you.
- Accentuate the positive ~ what part of yourself do you want to showcase?
- Let your chosen COLOR speak.
- How much you do or don’t spend on a gown should not define how special it is to you.
- Consider a PLAN, BUDGET, SAFETY ~ beginning with the end in mind.
Know what your overall budget is and where the funds are coming from so that you can allocate the money appropriately and don’t get caught off guard by any of the expenses.
Ask the experts and let them help you. Whether it is picking out a complementary tuxedo or choosing a hairstyle to go with your overall look ~ start with Pinterest but finish
with someone who cares.
Choose safety first and always. From tanning to texting there is a smart choice ~ make it!
Finish with an attitude of CELEBRATION ~ confidence in yourself and others. Make the day of prom a celebration from beginning to end.
Start with a healthy breakfast and ask family members to share a pic- ture or memory of their proms.
Leave plenty of time for hair appointments, dressing and pic- tures so that you are not rushing.
Be as happy for others as you are for yourself.
Make sure your prom purse includes:
• Your camera, extra batteries and an empty memory card.• Breath mints. • Lip color/gloss. • Perfume. • A mini-deodorant. • A make-up compact with mirror. • Bobby pins. • Safety pins. • Band-Aids. • Tissues. • Floss. • Wearing nylons? Pack an extra pair. • Cash. • Ibuprofen. • A fully charged cell phone.
Jodi LB Meade is the owner of The Special Event Boutique in Alexandria.