By Jessica Sly
Congrats, grad! Now that you’re ready to head off to college, you can start planning how to bring a taste of home to your dorm room.
Everything can match or be completely eclectic. Brainstorm with roomies to add more flare.
Here are some ideas to get you started.
● Use multi-head floor lamps with colorful shades to create a warm ambiance.
● Spruce up walls with adhesive decals or pretty scrapbook paper.
● Decorate your desk and designated living space with odds and ends that remind you of home, whether a stuffed animal or potted plant.
● Put pictures of friends, family and pets in fun and funky frames.
● Line decorative bins under your bed to enhance sleeping space and create extra storage.
● Display a magnetic marker board or cork board to decorate or leave messages for roomies.
● Frame the window or closet with colorful or elegant curtains.
● Adorn the bed with bedding that brings your personality front and center.
● Add a comfy chair to accent the space and provide a cozy study area.
HANDY TO HAVE:
Mini tool kit
Removable adhesive wall hooks
Egg crate mattress pad
Water filter pitcher