Dark nail polish is a great accessory for a night out or to accent your look.
But you pay a price for looking great when it comes time to remove that polish.
Dark nail polish often leaves nails stained and doesn’t always come off completely. It also shows up well if it gets under the nail or on the surrounding skin, adding to the problem.
Try these simple steps to remove the dark stain and have your nails look fresh and clean again:
1. Soak a small cotton ball in nail polish remover and place on nail.
2. Don’t scrub! Just press cotton ball down and hold in place for a couple minutes.
3. Put additional nail polish remover on an exfoliating style of make-up remover wipe and wipe off remaining polish in a smooth motion toward the edge of the nail (not back toward the cuticle).
• Wear a base coat under the dark polish to prevent staining.
• Put petroleum jelly on the skin around your nails prior to putting on or removing dark polish to prevent the polish from soaking into your skin.
• Every 4 to 5 weeks try to go polish-free for a few days or even a week. This will strengthen your nails and get rid of the stain caused by dark polish.