By Caroline Roers
1. Come up with a snazzy prom theme. This could be anything from classic black tie to Hollywood glamour to Paris or the 1950s.
2. Pick a room in your house and decorate it. Move furniture out so there’s room to dance. Decorate with your theme in mind NOTE: Christmas lights are a great way to decorate and add ambiance. Have a CD player set up or someone’s iPod con- nected to speakers to provide music throughout the night. Set disposable cameras around for people to take pictures throughout the night.
3. Make a girls’ day out of it! Go shopping at secondhand stores with your girlfriends for dresses and then spend the day doing each other’s hair and makeup.
4. Get take-out delivered to your house for a fancy dinner and then dance the night away!
5. When the dancing shoes come off, put on your pajamas, pop in a movie and finish off the night.